Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I posted a few days ago saying that Pickles had been having some trouble with a swollen bottom and pooping. Recently, he's been having a bit of trouble walking. I figured that maybe since its winter, he was feeling too cold. I put up the heat. Then, I figured it was because of him being constipated.

Last time we were at the vet he had no trouble. that was a few weeks ago.

Today, he can barely stand. It looks like one of his hind legs has pretty much stopped functioning. He has a hard time standing up. He can still get to his food and water with his three legs, but I'm pretty sure he's developed wobbly heggehog syndrome.

Everytime I see him struggle to stand or walk I just burst into tears. He doesnt seem to be in any pain, but he's such a sweetie, never hissing or raising a quill, that its hard to tell.

My mom agreed to take me to the vet tomorrow. I'm afraid theyll have to put him down. I dont want him to be immobilized to the point where he cant feed himself or drink, because its such a horrible quality of life for him. I'm just so sad, I dont know what Ill do without him if it comes to that. He's been with me for 5 of the toughest years of my life.

I'm just terribly upset, I really dont want to lose him.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
Oh, I'm sorry. That must be very hard. :( It's so sad to see them like this. If he ends up needing help over, know he had a great, long life. You and Pickles are in our thoughts.

On the side note, intestinal blockages may cause paralysis to his back legs. I wonder if your vet may be able to do anything about this last minute?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.