Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
My hedgehog is called Hoggle
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from 2nd vet visit with Hoggle.
The vet gave her anaesthetic to examine her properly and she has a sore on inside of her gum so got antibiotics prescribed for her.

vet said it's either a bad tooth or oral cancer and she said she's overweight and got a sore on both feet that happens in overweight hedgehogs.
Got to go back again to the vet in 10 days time for another check up.

Now my baby girl is all wobbly when she moves around cos of the anaesthetic

Registered
The vet gave her anaesthetic to examine her properly and she has a sore on inside of her gum so got antibiotics prescribed for her.

vet said it's either a bad tooth or oral cancer and she said she's overweight and got a sore on both feet that happens in overweight hedgehogs.

Hopefully it's not cancer 馃槶

Registered

Is she doing better now? Apologies, I responded to this thread late after it was posted.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is she doing better now? Apologies, I responded to this thread late after it was posted.
No much, I've been using the terramycin on her skin but it still red. I managed to register her with another vet and when I called the vet that just charged me a massive amount of money but did nothing to help her to tell them I was leaving their practice they were rude and made out by de-registering with them that I was risking her life!!!

When she's awake she's still eating well and wants her cuddles

Registered
No much, I've been using the terramycin on her skin but it still red. I managed to register her with another vet and when I called the vet that just charged me a massive amount of money but did nothing to help her to tell them I was leaving their practice they were rude and made out by de-registering with them that I was risking her life!!!

When she's awake she's still eating well and wants her cuddles
I'm sorry the terramycin isn't working 馃槶. When will your appointment with the new vet be? Make sure the old vet sends you Hoggle's medical records, too. That's the least they can do for all that money they charged you. Did you tell them you're leaving them because they charged you an ungodly amount to not even do any kind of sample or diagnostic imaging?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sorry the terramycin isn't working 馃槶. When will your appointment with the new vet be? Make sure the old vet sends you Hoggle's medical records, too. That's the least they can do for all that money they charged you. Did you tell them you're leaving them because they charged you an ungodly amount to not even do any kind of sample or diagnostic imaging?
Sorry just seen you messaged, no I didn't them a reason..... why should I when they charged me a stupid amount of money to do nothing for her and she was horrid on the phone to me? I would pay any amount of money for Hoggle's care if the vet was actually doing something to help her but they didn't.

I don't know what to do, do I keep going with the terramycin?

Registered
Sorry just seen you messaged, no I didn't them a reason..... why should I when they charged me a stupid amount of money to do nothing for her and she was horrid on the phone to me? I would pay any amount of money for Hoggle's care if the vet was actually doing something to help her but they didn't.

I don't know what to do, do I keep going with the terramycin?
You should stop the terramycin since it's not helping. How's she doing now?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts