Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, for some reason, my albino hedgehog, Beyoncé has this weird routine of bringing her 4 hoglets outside from the igloo every night . For the past 2 days, whenever she did that, I would put them back every morning and things seem to go fine. I am just concerned because I do not know if I was doing the right thing in putting them back together. Infact, a while ago, she just sniff me kindly instead of getting mad when she caught me putting them back. What should I do regarding this issue. Should I continue what I am doing or I should do something else

BTW: she gave birth last Saturday if ever anyone would ask for the age.

Please guys I'm really worried my hoglets and I need to know immediately if I am doing the right thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Its usually normal for the mom to bring all the hoglets out of the nest. Just watch and see if she only keeps bringing one out which means she could be rejecting it. Also, its possible to babies could just be crawling out of the igloo or she's pushing them out. For my mom hedgie and her litter, I have the bottom of an ice cream gallon bucket with an entryway cut in the side. You just have to cut it about an inch off the ground so the babies won't climb out!

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
Mom's do not normally move the babies like that. I would just leave them outside the nest wherever she wants to keep them. She may have decided she doesn't like the igloo for some reason. As long as she keeps taking care of them, and they are all together, leave them where she puts them. The more you mess with them the better the chance she will stop looking after them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts