Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Was the tp tube cut down the center? If not, that possibly was the cause. She may have got it wedged on her head tightly and scratched herself getting it off.

Keep an eye on the cuts. You can put a tiny dab of regular strength poly or neosporin on the cuts if you want. If the area gets red, puffy, oozes or any sign of infection then off to the vet. :)

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
As long as you are there supervising, it's okay to leave the tube as is. It's only if they have one in their cage that it should be cut. Most of the time they don't get stuck, but on occasion they do and it can put them into a panic. :)

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Don't feel bad. Lots of people leave full uncut tp rolls in the cage. Some hedgehogs will never have a problem but I've had a couple that got stuck and were frantic about it.

Years ago I left one in poor Freckles cage and in the middle of the night he got it wedged firmly on his head. At the time the hedgehogs were still in my bedroom so I heard him bashing around and frantically trying to get it off. He was trying to paw at it and was bashing it off things trying to get it off but it was stuck firmly. He never would have gotten it off by himself. It was wedged on there too tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.