Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short I was holding Snuffles on my lap when he kinda stretched out his body and kinda pumped his body a few times, kinda like he had hiccups. Then he tucked his head under himself and I thought he was just grooming himself which seemed odd considering he stinks most of the time. I thought he was licking his foot so I was curious to see if it was stuck or something so I kinda tilted him over and realized that he had an erection. For reals.

Is this normal or do I have a horndog hedgie? Do I smell like a female hedgie in heat? Is this an age/hormone related thing (he's approx 4 mos). And is it dangerous for him for this to happen?

Hehe on a side note I kinda freaked out when I realized what happened because I kind of accidentally TOUCHED it (ewwwwwwwwwwww still freaking out) and my boyfriend was laughing his ass off at me and says "I guess he REALLY likes you!". Thanks, hon.

Once again...EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh my lord I guess its normal. I just really really REALLY don't wanna touch it again. That was just weird and scarring beyond belief.

Oh and after I rolled him over and freaked out, he rolled back and peed on me. What a nice guy, eh?

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's very normal. Lot's of animals masturbate.
Female hedgehogs go in heat when a male is around so it wouldn't be your scent.
It may die down when he gets older, but I am not sure; I've never had a male hedgehog.
It is in no way dangerous. He is comfortable enough to do that, it must mean you are treating him well!

·
Registered
123 Posts
100% normal. Just wait until they do it every day.. Or wait until you take them out and they are going at it and you didnt notice! I have four boys. I have experienced this with ALL of them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Like everyone else has said: 100% normal male hedgehog behavior.

Some boys will become more discreet, as the age, others like my like boy Zeek are totally exhibitionists and think it's a grand old time to get their jollies while sitting in your lap!

:lol: boys...

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have a young boy hedgie and he has just started to "experiment" with himself. i think its hilarious. if i can catch him doing the scrunch his butt walk that he does when trying to masturbate i will make a video of it cause its quite entertaining.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I have 2 female hamsters that go in heat if you let them smell each other
What kind of hamster are they? If they are Syrian, they should not be allowed in contact. Hamsters go into heat about every 4 days regardless of any other hammies being around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My hedgehog has had an erection for days, os that normal? I had never sin him excited nor have an erection before and now he's had a full on erection for like a week. Should I be worried? Does he need to mate? Lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.