Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to trim Ender's left paws for the last few days. It's turned into futile hedgie wrangling. Today, I tried again. I got two of the nails straight off and the "little toe" on the right side. Then he let me hold his left front paw for a good while while I trimmed the left "little toe."

I decided he deserved a treat for being so good, even though he never eats treats. We went to the kitchen and I put a live mealie in a cup and held it under his nose. He scarfed that bug down in no time. The first time he's ever take a treat from me.

I'm so proud :p :mrgreen:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yayyyy! Congrats :) Sounds like he is really starting to relax and trust you! Don't you just love good hedgie days? :lol:

·
Registered
274 Posts
aw thats really sweet, good on you for trimming his nails as wel, even though hes a wriggler :lol:

I was so nervous about it, but Turbo is actually really good, he just sat there, don't know how long that'll last but it was good for my first time hehe.

And well done Ender for actually accepting a treat, he'll be fishing for them every night now ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts