Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question....

My Siberian husky puppy (a little over a year) is on a special recommended diet to mix in with his dog food. I have to make so much of it, I was wondering if it was something I could give to Chip in the "treat" category along with his kibble! In a large pot I brown about a pound of 93% lean ground turkey meat until the meat is completely cooked through. Then I add a box of instant brown rice and cook according to the directions (I think it calls for a couple cups of water) straight in the same pot. Thats it. When the food is done, it is a big fluffy combo of meat and rice.

Basically I just want to be sure that the turkey or brown rice won't hurt Chip. I give him plenty of other treats so I don't feel like I HAVE to give this to him, but I like being able to give him variety.

Opinions welcome! Thank you,
SARA

·
Registered
408 Posts
Brown rice is the only rice hedgies should eat, and turkey is good to feed them. so... go ahead.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lilhoglet:

Good luck with your future husky!! I love my puppy---make sure you have plenty of energy, space, energy, time, and oh yea, energy to keep up with huskies :) They are EXTREMELY clever (sometimes I think smarter than my boyfriend...)

And most importantly: Cisco (my husky) thinks Chip (my hedgehog) is a treat. Cisco is not overly aggressive, or even aggressive at all, but just sits there very attentive and does every trick in the book hoping to be rewarded with that large pulsing treat that I hold in my hand....I never ever ever let Chip out in the same room as Cisco, unless Chip is in my hands or on my lap. Cisco is trained well enough to not get too close, but I am always on alert when the two are together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts