Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one I am now the proud mother of a Texas Tumble weed, I have been working on the Adoption for a few weeks got approved and went to Bend OR to pick him up yesterday, A special thanks to Stephanie in Bend OR and to Vicki in Salem OR and Sheila Dempsey in MD from the HWS for all your help. My boys name is Mr Tweeds and hes a sweetheart after the long ride home it was dark he woke up ate some food and went to playing,I stayed up half of the night just talking to him holding him a bit and watching him play. It gives me great joy to offer him a good forever home. :D He will be joined with my two new girls who are coming home Next Sat. from Deneen at Hedgie Pets, My little Jamila a 8 week old Albino and Little Snowballs a 5 month old Snowflake. I feel very blessed to have these cute little Hogs. I will post pictures after the girls come home. mkrj58

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just heard from Deneen and I guess my Snowballs is being a little grumpy lately, Humm Perhaps its the Crazy Oregon weather :roll:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Can't wait to see the pictures. <3 Albino is one of my favourite colour types. (Is it strange that I feel bad saying that when neither of my hedgies is an albino?)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am just going to have Mr Tweeds fixed then Ill have no worries, But I do want him here with me for awhile before I add more stress to his life, He is in a different room than the girls are going to be in just being careful about other things also. He had a vet check today and the Doctor found nothing wrong :)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I am just going to have Mr Tweeds fixed then Ill have no worries, But I do want him here with me for awhile before I add more stress to his life, He is in a different room than the girls are going to be in just being careful about other things also. He had a vet check today and the Doctor found nothing wrong
Great to hear. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update on Mr Tweeds what a riot this guy is, I am haveing so much fun learning his personality. To night he was running all over the place these guys can really move around, he still puffs at me but thats ok hes been throught alot in his young life,only two more days and the girls get to come home from Deneen, I can hardly wait to hold baby Jamila and I hope snowballs is in a better mood. :D

·
Registered
651 Posts
<3 You'll have lots of fun with them, I'm sure. Aren't hedgehogs grand?

Also, I feel stupid for asking this, but what the heck IS a Texas Tumbleweed? I had never heard that term before I came to HHC.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Sashalynn said:
Sela said:
<3 You'll have lots of fun with them, I'm sure. Aren't hedgehogs grand?

Also, I feel stupid for asking this, but what the heck IS a Texas Tumbleweed? I had never heard that term before I came to HHC.
They're the rescued hedgies from usge down in Texas. It's where my little boy Cyndaquil came from also.

The story.
http://www.peta.org/pettrade/wanted.asp

Beware very depressing photo's of some of the hedgies.

http://www.peta.org/pettrade/default.asp?p=pocketPets
Here's a thread on it; viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4364

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well The girls are here, I drove to Eugene today and picked them up (long day) They are all settled in their homes and Deneen was right snoballs is not in a good mood, my little Jamila is soooooo very sweet and cute. It was real nice to meet Deneen :) and see her nice group of Hedgies She showed me some tiny babies they stole my heart they were so cute their little faces and feet. Ill get pictures up after everyone has settled in, I have traveled 800 miles around Oregon this week I think thats enough traveling for awhile. :eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After the trip and new house new mom the girls seem to be doing ok Little Jamila ate alot of food Snoballs only ate a few pieces and Mr Tweeds is only eating a small amount, he likes to eat undercover. I believe I read a post about a tumble weed talk group cannot seem to find it, does any one know the link, I would like to see what other Tumbleweeds are doing and talk about this under cover eating, He thinks he is on a secret mission :lol:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Silly me, I thought 'Texas Tumbleweed' referred to a colour or something. I heard about that, the poor little things. <3 Glad someone (a whole bunch of someones, actually) went and saved them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts