Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my hedgie baby about a week ago. I'm trying to figure out if he's comfortable with me or not. He no longer balls up when I pick him up, and will sometimes fall asleep in my hands. He does try to "taste" me and bites one in a while so I try to stop him from that (any suggestions)? I'm just wondering for those of you who have had hedgehogs for a while, how do you tell if your hedgehog likes you?

·
Registered
594 Posts
If he doesn't ball up when you pick him up and if he falls asleep in your hands... sounds like he likes you to me. :)
As for the biting, I have no suggestions. Only one of mine has bit me so far and it was my fault, it didn't hurt either (I was holding her foot to look at it and wouldn't let go so she grabbed my thumb). :roll:

·
Registered
273 Posts
if he doesnt ball up, hes happy!!!!
as for biting, when he bites, push ur finger or what hes biting towards him, it will make it uncomfortable, and he will let go, or blow lightly or his face, or put hoim, in water( same amount as bath, then after a few mintues, put him back in his cage.

P.S. make sure u dont smell like food, or else :eek: :shock: :?, like when theres a live wire, u touch it, u are the ground, u cant let go, same with hedgies,(almost) u touch yummy food hedgie likes,dont wash, go near hedgies mouth, u r the food :twisted: lol :?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts