Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I trim Bodil's nails when she is so shy?
She curls up everytime I move when she is out on my lap or the sofa.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mine is only 13 weeks old, and she is very shy also. We give her mini foot baths, that's when she gets relaxed and be able to grab a feet to trim her nails. Then afterwards, give her some mealies or some treats. :) Good Luck. Also sometimes it best to have two people, one holding and the other trims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found with my hedgie that if I blew on his face gently, he would pop out and it would calm him down quite a bit if he was worked up. Possibly try that and then flip him onto his back and try to get ahold of one of his feet? Also, I find it a lot easier to trim their nails if you use regular run of the mill clippers like you would use on your own nails and cut all of their nails on one foot at once as opposed to doing them individually.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try the blowing method tomorrow, and if it won't succeed, then we try with a foot bath. What temperature should the water be?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did it!
She layed on her back and she huffed and puffed, but when she started to relax and kicked with her tiny feet to get up, i grabbed one carefully and trimmed it!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Great Job!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts