Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a soon to be first-time hedgehog owner. & so clearly, I don't know a whole lot about hedgies. (I've been researching)
But I've been taking a lot of precautions and I stumbled upon a "tree trunk" hideaway for hedgehogs. I have never heard of anyone that has used this and I was wondering if it is safe.
Even if you haven't used it, I would like to know if it looks safe to you from what you can tell on the website. I'm extremely excited and I don't want to put my hedgehog in any danger.
Thanks a million. :grin:
The link to the tree trunk hideaway: http://www.exoticnutrition.com/trtrhi.html

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've never seen one before. You want to make sure that whatever type of house you get for your hedgehog is big enough for them to turn around in. Hedgies enter and exit their house head first, so they need to be able to turn around.
And I would also make sure their are holes for air circulation.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Looks pretty big. My concern is the material - it says it's a wood/plastic composite, so I'm not sure about its ability to harbor mites. But since it's part plastic as well, it's most probably safe :) exotic nutrition is awesome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone! I think I'm going to go with this one, as opposed to an igloo. Thanks again! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.