Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Bean is a 1 year old apricot hedgehog. I've had her for about 10 months. She is very picky.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl is 1 yr. She has been offered apples, eggs, crickets, and mealworms. She used to eat apples but now she won't eat any treats. I want to give her treats cause she's a little skinny but I'm not sure what else to try.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My boy adores river shrimp! It's the only thing he'll eat other than his bugs and cat food and some hedgehog treats made by an online pet store we love.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
You might try wax worms. They're nice and fatty and juicy. But, don't be afraid to offer treats again even if they've been rejected before. Hedgehogs are strange little creatures and will sometimes devour what they used to turn up their noses at. I've had to offer treats multiple times before my hog would try them. And sometimes she won't go after something that was a favorite. Just depends on her mood.

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly with me but huffy with others.
2,011 Posts
You should try offering new foods 30 times before you can say they don't like something. Hedgehogs can be "not having it" and then give in while sometimes they may really not like it.

Mealworms are pretty bad with their Ca: P ratio, so if they arent liked it doesnt matter theres better treats than them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts