Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
My boy seems to be pretty picky with what he likes. I have balls, little stuffy things, a wood tower with hangs, sandbox.. he doesn't really like any of it.
He's been interested in a toy car tire and the scroll wheel on a mouse lol he was using his wheel but that's not been as much lately
I also have little soft rocks I've hidden treats behind in his cage and a forage mat, but that's also been hit or miss.
He's very much an explorer. He loves digging. Just not in the sandbox lol
Any ideas for toys or enrichment I can offer or try?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Try something smell based. A coffee can that has since been cleaned out but still has the smell for example. I also hang on to small boxes like shoe boxes and cut a door in them. Beyond that, stuff to climb over (maybe a cut up pool noodle?) I also have cut up strips of fleece that make a small pile. These I leave in her bed and she likes to either bury herself in them or push them out of the bed completely and lay on them that way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try something smell based. A coffee can that has since been cleaned out but still has the smell for example. I also hang on to small boxes like shoe boxes and cut a door in them. Beyond that, stuff to climb over (maybe a cut up pool noodle?) I also have cut up strips of fleece that make a small pile. These I leave in her bed and she likes to either bury herself in them or push them out of the bed completely and lay on them that way.
Thank you! The smell based is a good idea. I'll have to see what I find.
Too funny on the pool noodles. Had seen them on IG on a 'Ninja Warrior' hedgie course😋 I've had them in my Amazon cart but hadn't committed yet. I'll have to try!
And the fleece strips are great! I do that for his bedding and he's right there with your girl - likes to dig out of the way and then lay

·
Registered
5 Posts
You gave two examples of him having fun with rubbery materials. Try some silicone toys! Maybe he just likes the squishy feel. I had a dog once who wouldn't touch any toy except stuffed animals with squeaky inserts. Some animals are just picky like that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You gave two examples of him having fun with rubbery materials. Try some silicone toys! Maybe he just likes the squishy feel. I had a dog once who wouldn't touch any toy except stuffed animals with squeaky inserts. Some animals are just picky like that.
Thank you! That's a good idea! I'll had to check into that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts