Hedgehog Central banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
3,831 Posts
Good luck. Is it a liquid? Or are you having to crush a pill and make it a liquid? I'm wondering if it could be sweetened or something added to mask the taste. A little applesauce in the syringe with it?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you! It is a liquid, and I was able to order it with a flavor. I chose banana since she seems to like banana. I'm thinking it's about the same as having a cherry flavored cough syrup. It's still pretty gross. Maybe I'll try something like chicken next time I order it. Dealing with Palladia is a bigger deal than I thought it would be. According to the info that came with it, I need to wear gloves when I draw it and administer it, and should be wearing gloves when I deal with her waste. Thankfully she's mostly pretty good about doing her business on paper towels I leave for her. Also, according to the info sheet it should not be administered with NSAIDs. So it worked out pretty well that she had just run out of metacam. But this is why you read the fact sheets that come with new drugs, I doubt I would have thought about potential drug interactions otherwise. Anyway, I'll give it a little bit and update if there are any changes.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts