Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to hedgehogs, and I will be getting a rescue hedgehog in approximately a week.

I purchased a tank that is 120x30cm, but now I am being told by someone with hedgehog experience that it is too skinny to accommodate the hedgehog and her necessities. Is this true?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
What kind of tank did you buy? An aquarium tank? These aren't suitable for hedgehogs, because they don't have proper ventilation. All the sides are closed off - if you use something made of glass, you want a terrarium with extra ventilation strips on the sides and top and not a tank.

I think it can be hard to fit some of the stuff in there and keep room for the hedgehog to walk around... the wheel should have a diameter of 30 cm, so you would have to position it just right but I'm not sure if the hedgehog would have enough room to actually get on the wheel (depending on how broad the running surface is). I would get a bigger one if I were you. And if you got a tank, you might want look into something with better ventilation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.