Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
My hedgehog is called Hoggle
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's really hot here today and my hedgehog is awake cos she's too hot.

I've got all the windows in the house open and I'm trying to bring down the temp in her viv.
I put a bottle of water from the freezer in there as well as a bag of frozen veg in a towel on top of the viv and have been wiping her with a damp cloth to cool her down and I've put her in a plastic storage bin beside me as her viv is still too hot. Is there anything else I can do to help her? Any advice would be appreciated

Registered

I've got all the windows in the house open and I'm trying to bring down the temp in her viv.
I put a bottle of water from the freezer in there as well as a bag of frozen veg in a towel on top of the viv and have been wiping her with a damp cloth to cool her down and I've put her in a plastic storage bin beside me as her viv is still too hot. Is there anything else I can do to help her? Any advice would be appreciated
I heard about that UK heatwave 馃槪 You could get a fan from the store or Amazon, place her in a snuggle sack, and let the fan blow on the snuggle sack so that it's not too much air at once for her. I've had to do that before when my air conditioner stopped working and it was 105 degrees 馃サ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard about that UK heatwave 馃槪 You could get a fan from the store or Amazon, place her in a snuggle sack, and let the fan blow on the snuggle sack so that it's not too much air at once for her. I've had to do that before when my air conditioner stopped working and it was 105 degrees 馃サ
Ok thank you, I'll pick up a fan for her tomorrow from the hardware store. She seems less panicked now I've managed to cool her down ( she's just a little cranky for being awake during the day)

Registered

Registered
Here, is very hot too, 98 F, so I use aer conditioner. But not in the same room where my Rosa is. I just let the door oper where she is and she seem confortable. Hope your hedgy and you will beat the heat.

Registered

If you have a ceramic plate, you can leave it in the freezer for a while so it is cold and place it in her cage. you can also do this with ceramic hideouts and ceramic tiles.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have a ceramic plate, you can leave it in the freezer for a while so it is cold and place it in her cage. you can also do this with ceramic hideouts and ceramic tiles.
I managed to get a large ceramic flower pot from the garden centre but so far she's shown zero interest in it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts