Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, Im new here but used this site for tons of information before getting my new little guy Tommy.

Here are some pics of him.. Could you tell me what color you think he is?

Tim

·
Registered
133 Posts
since he is a baby I would wait intell he is done quilling because thay can change color.

He is so cute!

Good Luck with your baby!

·
Registered
543 Posts
You can safely determine a hedgehogs color after 9 weeks. You have an Algerian Dark Grey. Very pretty indeed. The Greys and Blacks are highly sought after. Especially the Algerian pattern by those of us who like the heavy mask. You should be a proud Papa.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reaper said:
You can safely determine a hedgehogs color after 9 weeks. You have an Algerian Dark Grey. Very pretty indeed. The Greys and Blacks are highly sought after. Especially the Algerian pattern by those of us who like the heavy mask. You should be a proud Papa.
Really? I thought my little guy was the most common color... Am I wrong? Im interested, let me know :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
One of the more common colours is chocolate.
The most common color pattern is albino (and make up for a large quantity of all hedgehogs)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Chocolate is the most common and the color the majority of hedgehogs in the "wild" are. Dark Greys are not extremely rare but they are not common either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Awww so cute! Our newest one is darker but we have to wait for her final quilling to see if she stays dark. Good luck with your new baby!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Any1, does mask colour change after a couple weeks of age? cuz even if he was a baby, alg. gray wuz my guess.

·
Administrator
3,738 Posts
Masks can lighten as they age. Here is my big girl Rose at 8wks and at about 2 yrs. See the difference and she's an Algerian chocolate. I had an Algerian dark grey that had a similar light color mask as she does now when he was 4.

[attachment=1:1af7ey4c]Rose-8wks.JPG[/attachment:1af7ey4c]

[attachment=0:1af7ey4c]rose2.jpg[/attachment:1af7ey4c]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts