Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hedgie completely chewed off one of his toenails today. He was covered in a worrying amount of blood when I found him but I managed to wash almost all of it off. I've been putting pressure on the wound and will use flour if it doesn't stop soon but I'm not sure what else to do? He's chewed on his feet before and bandaids have helped keep him from messing with the wounds so I'll be bandaging up his wounded foot. Should I take him to the vet tomorrow? Or at least call the vet? I'll include a picture below to show how bloody he was, please let me know if this looks like a normal amount of blood for a missing toenail.
Finger Rodent Whiskers Fawn Nail

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

Gilbert's foot has stopped bleeding and he seems to be doing okay. He's been snuggling with me and purring so I'm hoping he's not in too much pain but I would still appreciate any medical advice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another update:

Foot is bandaged and just wanted to add that I haven't been able to get him to eat since this has happened. He wouldn't even eat treats. I did manage to get him to drink some water out of a syringe, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts