Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He wont let me hold him much anymore, and generally he doesn't mind it. He spikes up and huffs at me, and has been really lazy.
He wont play for some reason. And when I get him out he just falls asleep. He also has red rings around his eyes. : [
But I think that's 'cause he tripped and fell in the sink and got water in his poor little eyes. He's such a clumsy baby. x D

I hold him everyday for hours, and he still acts the same. : [

EDIT ; OH! And he's never annointed. o_O Is that weird?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
He's probably quilling. During quilling, most babies get extra grouchy, and their personality can change, because...it hurts when they have spikes coming through their skin.

So during this time, it would be best not to try and pet him. Just let him chill in your lap, or near you, and try not to touch his back too much. Also, giving weekly oatmeal baths with flax oil rinses will help during this time. Once he's done quilling, you won't need to bath him as often.

And keep a close watch on his eyes, depending on what you put in the water, it may/may not irritate his eyes. Just make sure no crusties are forming and that the redness clears up tomorrow. ^_^

·
Registered
594 Posts
FrenchToast said:
EDIT ; OH! And he's never annointed. o_O Is that weird?
Immortalia already gave great advice about him being rude...

About him never anointing...
I don't think it's that weird, I have 4 hedgehogs and only 1 have ever anointed to my knowledge.
I guess some just don't do it.
So I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
awww Turbo is sooooooo grumpy at the minute because he is quilling, when he is woken in the morning, so i can check him over, he walks around huffing and puffing being a right little grouch. Like said above its just him quilling, i mean think about how you'd feel having those horrible spikes coming through your back :( poor little things. Of an evening we usually just sit him on our laps and do what he wants. He seems quite happy to do that :D

Oh & the annointing thing, mine has done it about 4 times, but it was over various things, one of them was my dogs wee......how bizarre.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts