Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
I would suggest getting her off of the Iam's as well. It contains sodium bisulfate. I had no idea what sodium bisulfate was so I looked it up.

Sodium bisulfate is a harmful acid that can harm you if it is swallowed, breathed in, or touched. • Reviewer: Eric Perez, MD, Department of Emergency Medicine, St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network.

And here is the link on wikipedia. Anyone with some chemistry background can tell you how awful this stuff is. I wouldn't want to eat it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_bisulfate
 

· Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Yes it is. Sodium bisulfate is a "by-product" of sulfuric acid or what is commonly called "battery acid". It is the acid used in the majority of all lead acid batteries found in cars, motorcycles, boats, etc. Really nasty stuff. Trying to keep up with the pet food industry chemists is a full time job for someone.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top