Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my boyfriend sent me this link and asked me if all babies look like this. I've seen countless pictures of babies but these look different. Are they just very dark? I'm assuming that's it and it's just strange to me. But they just look, odd, for some reason. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
They appear to have the correct pudgy baby shape and cuteness factor.

Very rich coloring :) I think it's the grey skin on their legs (rather than pink or mottled pink/grey skin with white fur) that stands out as the biggest difference between them and other hedgies I've seen.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I think maybe they just look odd to me because I never really see dark legs and feet, just masks. Unfortunately, I don't have the original link, he just sent it to me randomly to cheer me up and ask if they were normally so dark.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Those are a litter of south african hedgehogs born at the San Diego zoo a while back. I was talking to someone in Ohio about possibly attempting to breed our some of our pet hedgies with one of those babies for new blood, but it didn't work out.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
They are, way too cute for their own good. :D (Haha- Sheltland, I dare you to try and smuggle on of those little bubs! Not that they are so little now, but still cute)

Check this video out of an adult:

·
Registered
274 Posts
How cute are they? Crikey I could have a hedgie zoo if i could afford one :D Loads of little hedgies running around hehe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts