Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a thought while cleaning Fuzzie's Cage. After her recent hibernation attempt from the furnace cutting out, I've been seeking out failsafes. Found one in the form of a thermometer with a high and low temp alarm. Now, when I got fuzzie, I just had a single 'National Geographic' thermometer from walmart, like ten bucks. I always assumed it to be moderately accurate - WRONG (possibly). I ordered two of the LifeGard BIG DIGITAL Temp Alert thermometers. Now they've got big display, temp alarms and that's all well and good but here's my quandary. Its been two days since I set them up. My NG one reads say 78F at a given time, while one big temp reads 76.2F and the backup (yeah im paranoid about hibernation now) big temp reads 74F. Now that's both the top end and the bottom end of the hedgehog scale. Who do I trust?

The only solution I can think of would be to grab an UBER accurate industrial or scientific thermometer (hopefully borrowed $$$) from somewhere and see which one is accurate and scale the rest so I know.

It's just really got me thinking. Dont buy a thermometer and expect it to be accurate :p buy 2! Stupid chinese junk...End of rant. Thanks for listening.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I too have found that thermometers vary in what temperature they display. I always use more than one thermometer. I have a couple of the thermometers with the alarm feature and neither one of them read accurately which is one reason I quit using them. That and I lost the directions and they are impossible to figure out with directions. :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts