Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to leave a review for this Thermometer that I recently bought and have tested out, without the hedgie though.

It's called the Marina Aqua-Minder, it's made for aquariums but it works in a cage as well. It does everything that a normal thermometer does EXCEPT an added bonus, an alarm sets off if temperatures reach anywhere below what you set it as. I set mine up for minimum 72 degrees and left it in my room without a ceramic heat emitter, the alarm went off not even 2 minutes later and I could hear it from downstairs.
This would be an awesome product in a case where the power goes out in the middle of the night, it will wake you up to let you know that your hedgies cage is getting low, and you can set your hedgie up in a more appropriate setting, using heating pads or the like, without having to set your alarm every two hours to make sure when you know the weather is bad.

All in all, I definitely recommend this product :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup!! It's awesome I'm loving it!

the alarm went off at 7h30am a couple days ago, and it woke me up I went to check and it was at 71 degrees, I was able to turn up the CHE and all was good :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts