Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, most of you if not all of you have seen my many many posts of research and etc. well, it finally payed off, cuz theo is finally here!! yes, his name is theo. i kinda wish i would have named him harry the hedgehog (houdini) now though, because this morning i woke up to find him on the ground in my hallway. that scared the CRAP out of me. well dont go all ape crazy on me or anything, the only reason he got out was because my mom didnt secure the latch on his rubbermaid container all the way. and thats not why i wanted to call him houdini, he actually pushed his food bowl over to that side and stood on it and lifted lid with his nose to get out. all night he was trying to do it again. so dont worry, i am being responsible, and i warned my mom never to do that again. so anyways, i am soooo uber excited because theo is so much more then i expected him to be. we drove about 3 and a half hours to get him, and then we had to drive all the way back, but he stayed pretty calm. when we first got him we left him alone but then i was actually extremely disappointed. he would puff into a super big ball if you moved near him, and i was scared of him. well my mom toughened up and picked him up, and the second we had him he 'deflated' and fell back asleep. i heard that the hedgies are classified into 'explorers' and 'cuddlers,' and i DEFINETLY have a cuddler. the second you pick him up he will cuddle into your stomach and start sleeping. sadly, the day we got him he started quilling, and hes still going through it now. hes still super sweet though and im even more excited to see what he is like when hes not quilling. well the breeder told me he was a salt and pepper, but i think he is an algerian dark grey because he looks exactly like the picture on this website. i almost couldnt believe it wasnt him!! well i guess thats enough for this post, because i think i might get arthritis if i keep typing. (sorry i didnt know how to spell it.) well thanks for reading my uber long post, just needed someone to chat with. i will post pictures soon, i just havent gotten around to uploading them.

thanks!

sarah, proud owner of theo the hedgie

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Congrats on your new guy. :D Yes, how are you ventilating his bin?

I'd love to see pics, hedgies that dark are pretty rare.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my bad, i actually meant algerian grey, not dark grey :D i downloaded the pictures on the comp, but my mom deleted them -.- so i will take some more today and hopefully get them uploaded by tomorrow. oh, just wanted to say, theo did the CUTEST thing a second ago. i hedgie proofed his toilet paper tube by cutting a slit through it, and it was sitting in his cage slit-side-up. well he tried to crawl through it and he sort of succeeded, but he got stuck right in the middle, so he was a little hedgie taco :lol: i picked him up from the bottom of the tube and it was adorable. just sayin. ha... hes so cute :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts