Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has those days when they really need to rant! This is not a snark thread, so no ranting about other members, ok? Just rant about what in your day made you feel angry/unhappy/irrational/angsty!

I love/hate our local park! We don't have a dog park so we have to go on base, but let me tell you Texas is not known for its soft grass! I got a burr in my foot, didn't notice it until today and hubbs had to rip open a fairly large chunk of skin to pull the sucker out. :( Owies!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think Petco needs to go out of business. I went in there today and it was N-A-S-T-Y. I even took pics. Poor animals with no food or filthy water. It is the only place that sells high quality pet food, minus a feed store that sells Nutro. That is what I am going to buy now. I will never go in there again, and yes I did complain.

The sad part is I used to work there! If I had ever let the animals look like that I would have been fired on the spot!

UGH!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks tie-dye. It's feeling much better now.

kyararahl said:
I think Petco needs to go out of business. I went in there today and it was N-A-S-T-Y. I even took pics. Poor animals with no food or filthy water. It is the only place that sells high quality pet food, minus a feed store that sells Nutro. That is what I am going to buy now. I will never go in there again, and yes I did complain.

The sad part is I used to work there! If I had ever let the animals look like that I would have been fired on the spot!

UGH!
That's awful! I have not been in a PetCo for quite a while, but they definitely seem to vary by store depending on the manager there. Thankfully our local PetSmart is phenomenal about taking care of their animals for the most part [but they keep getting Green Cheeks in really rough shape]. Definitely notify Corporate!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ranting here wont fix it, report them if there is animal abuse and neglect going on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did report them to PETA and to corporate office. I even sent them pictures I took with my cell phone. I also called the local animal control. Here is the "reply" I got from them.

Dear Melonie,

Thank you for contacting PETCO regarding your concern with our store at 4140 East 2nd St. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience.
Let me assure you that our PETCO associates truly care about animals. We hire associates who truly love animals and who share our passion about animal care and wellbeing. We also have strict policies, procedures and training programs in place to educate and train our associates on how to properly care for animals. It's our goal that our associates be as knowledgeable as possible so that they may be a resource to our customers. By doing this we hope that the level of care we give our animals will go beyond the store and into the homes of responsible pet owners. This is why we allow customers to return most of the companion animals we sell and adopt within 15 days of receipt if they are unable to give them the care they need.

I have notified the store's General Manager your concern for this to be addressed accordingly. Again, we apologize and hope you will shop with PETCO again soon.

Please know that we care about our customers and what they think of us. By letting us know when we fall short of your expectations, we have the opportunity to address your concerns and to be better prepared to meet your expectations in the future. If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to reply to this communication or call PETCO Customer Relations directly at 1-888-824-PALS (7257). Thank you again for contacting PETCO.

Sincerely,

Vincent M.
Customer Relations Coordinator

At PETCO, Animals Always Come First... Our People Make it Happen!
Pics

http://s900.photobucket.com/home/kyararahl

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I seen your pics and am glad you took them. Those were outright funky cages. I could understand if it was some mess but those cages looked like an accumulation from not being cleaned properly. I can understand why you were upset and glad they got turned it. That was an awesome thing for you to do so that the animals might be taken care of better :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Awesome blossom!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are really dirty! :eek: I am glad you sent something in and I hope for the sake of the animals Corporate comes down on their heads!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm 3 months shy of graduating with my AS in Graphic Design, and I am JUST NOW taking Core Education classes (Sociology and Information Literacy)! Ergh! At this point I should be polishing up my portfolio, maybe one more design related class, and be out the door!

The part that really gets my goat is the Info Lit class is all about how to use the school information resources (they have an online library) and how to properly format the research papers I've been writing for the last 2 YEARS >_< It just seems like a waste of 5 weeks of my time now when it would have been so much more helpful as the first class right out of the starting gate. I whine to my hubby about the unfairness of it all, but he just shrugs and sneaks off to work on his car. ^_^

~Katie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alastrina said:
I'm 3 months shy of graduating with my AS in Graphic Design, and I am JUST NOW taking Core Education classes (Sociology and Information Literacy)! Ergh! At this point I should be polishing up my portfolio, maybe one more design related class, and be out the door!

The part that really gets my goat is the Info Lit class is all about how to use the school information resources (they have an online library) and how to properly format the research papers I've been writing for the last 2 YEARS >_< It just seems like a waste of 5 weeks of my time now when it would have been so much more helpful as the first class right out of the starting gate. I whine to my hubby about the unfairness of it all, but he just shrugs and sneaks off to work on his car. ^_^

~Katie
That's certainly odd. Usually they make you do your basic education classes first before you can go into the program classes for your specific major. o_O;;

On the bright side - CONGRATS ON GRADUATING!!! :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After 2 weeks of waiting I finally got my parcel from Japan! I was so excited, until I opened it and realized they gave me the wrong Omamori. :( I got that for a friend and the one they sent me isn't going to make any sense. This sucks! She's been waiting 2 weeks for my package, I've been waiting 2 weeks for the Japan package and now I have to figure out how to get the right one. Crap. :(

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
What's an Omamori?
By the way, sorry about your package.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm fed up with the neighbour in the building in the back of my appartment complex. The dude that lives above the hair salon decided to make a "pitbull playpen" on MY LANDLORD's terrain aka: my terrace. My landlord is angry but will probably do nothing about it like the mold in the bathroom since I moved in... The dude is really scarry (he got all his face tatooed) and not polite at all, he gave me lots of **** went I came looking at his instalation. He even threatened to block the whole way so I couldn't get out of my back door.

On top of that he let his pitbull loose (not in the playpen) in the street and near my car and appartment. It's against our municipal laws but I'm scrared that he gets his revenge on me. I'm sure he was the one responsible for the 1000$ scratch mark on my car (because I came to complain about the hair salon's noise at 12 am sevral times - I think he's friend with the owner or something).

Good thing is I move out on July 1st... but I have to cope with this s**t (yes litarally dog poo) until then.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
FiaSpice he sounds like a scary neighbour. Next time he lets his dog loose or is making noise late you should just call the police and hope he gets in big trouble.

Right now I'm angry at my headache. My head feels like it has been spinning around in circles all afternoon and it won't go away.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
FiaSpice: He really does sound scary, I agree with hedgielover about calling the police 100%

hedgielover: I use a cool, damp cloth on my forehead while I lay on my bed with my eyes closed, it helps me and it might work for you. :) Headaches are awful!

·
Registered
270 Posts
i work part time as a hostess at a restaurant to supplement my income as a freelance artist and illustrator. i have this giant pet peeve recently that should not bother me but it does...

i hate hate hate when people ignore the toothpicks at the bottom of the toothpick dispenser and shake out "fresh ones" it makes a giant mess, and it's pointless.

why is it pointless you ask? because they are grabbing "fresh" ones because they are afraid people touched the ones at the bottom. HOW DO THEY THINK I GOT THEM IN THE DISPENSER TO BEGIN WITH? WHAT DO YOU THINK WE DO WITH THE ONES YOU REFUSE TO TAKE ALREADY AT THE BOTTOM??? yep, i put them in the dispenser...with my hands. duh.

ok, i'm done! i feel good now...this was a good idea for a thread.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tie-dye hedgie said:
What's an Omamori?
By the way, sorry about your package.
It's a good luck charm.

Fiaspice - I'm rather fierce and temperamental, so your neighbor just sounds like an @$$ that needs to be kicked to me! I love Pitbulls, but you never know what kind of owner he is. People are so effing stupid sometimes about "ferocious" dogs. Pitties are lovely dogs. I'd tell him to [do unmentionable things to himself].

Amanda - I'm glad you like my idea! I have seen threads like this in other forums and they tend to be great because it's a way to vent to people you know will listen and be thoughtful about how you feel. It's also a great way to learn a little more about others and lend support!

Also, yeah that is weird. At the very least if they're going to be slobs then they should clean up their mess. o_O;; Or keep their own toothpicks or dental floss on them!

·
Registered
208 Posts
My boyfriend does aggressive inline skating (doing tricks and stuff in the skatepark on special rollerblades). He was at a skatepark in North Vancouver with a bunch of other rollerbladers. He left his cellphone and his friends HD camera under his sweatshirt next to all the other rollerbladers things and started rolling around. 10 minutes later he goes to make a phone call and his phone is gone, along with some cash and the HD camera! They started asking people at the skatepark and a 15 year old kid came forward and said the kids were at McDonald's down the street. This kid even jumped in the car with my boyfriend to go point them out. My bf walks into the McD's and sure enough the kid is sitting there playing on his phone! So he yells at them a whole bunch, they give back the phone (minus the SIM card and an $80 protective box). They say they don't have the camera, so my bf leaves, comes back 10 minutes later and more kids are sitting. One of them had the camera. I can't believe kids!!!! And this happened in a really nice area right next to the high school! GRRRRRRRR. I wish I could go knock on their parents door and tell them to get their kids straightened out. Rant over, thanks for listening!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts