Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our Cake Walk Supreme wheels today and are testing them out on a few of the gang. I have the camera set up on Miki and Marley so I can see what they are doing. Marley the mom is a year old and nearing 500g. Miki, the daughter, almost 6 months is close to 400g.

Both have checked out the CWS and find the roller blade wheel to be fascinating. Marley checked the whole rest of the wheel out including sitting in it and then went and had a run on the Comfort wheel. I think she has now gone back to bed.

Miki goes between the Comfort wheel and the flying saucer. Interestingly, she runs the same direction on both and has not varied the direction she runs. She runs much faster on the Comfort wheel than the Flying Saucer.

More coming as the night progresses.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Miki is on the CWS now and is actually running the opposite direction to what she does on the FS and the Comfort wheel. Now she has switched and is running the other direction.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's been a week, any updates here? I'm not surprised that they weren't able to run as quickly on the Flying Saucer (I still say it's a terrible running surface), but I'm curious how the others have fared. How's the Cakewalk, do they seem to run ok on it? And how's the cleanup and noise level on it?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cake walk is great. It is very quiet and cleans up easily. I haven't even washed them yet, just use a baby wipe to wipe it off and most of the mess is on the base. They run fine on it and the size is great for the larger hedgehogs.

The only problem I have is it is too tall for my one cage condo unit. I made the height to fit a comfort wheel and bucket wheels but the CWS is just a slight bit taller. The other condo is fine.

As for the FS, my Pebbles (RIP) used to just fly on it. She ran every bit as fast on it as she did the buckets wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts