Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 20 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Introducing the Carolina Storm Wheel. This custom made wheel comes with a FREE litter pan that fits nicely underneath. It's very quiet and cleanup is a breeze. This wheel NOW has SIX height adjustments, and can easily be tilted up or down for preferred pitch/angle. This wheel has a smooth, solid running surface to keep your pet running for hours, injury free. Priced at $30 plus shipping and for easy payment we now have a PAYPAL Shopping Cart button on our website.

For cleaning I recommend the O-Cel-O Dishwand filled with Ivory dish soap. Another proven cleaning method is a 50/50 vinager/water solution.Spray it on wait 2-3 minutes and then wipe it off with a paper towel. You can use alot of different cleaning methods just be sure to not use anything abrasive and dont get the rollerblade wheel bearings wet.

Check out my website for pics and details;
http://www.carolinastormhedgehogs.com/t ... wheel.html
If you have any questions feel free to PM me here or email me at [email protected]
[attachment=2:1tvx0glx]wheel.jpg[/attachment:1tvx0glx][attachment=1:1tvx0glx]wheel and pinto.jpg[/attachment:1tvx0glx][attachment=0:1tvx0glx]xavier on the new CSW.jpg[/attachment:1tvx0glx]

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Re: The Carolina Storm Wheel

Wow! Those look great Larry. I love the litter pan idea implemented here too.

You have some beautiful hogs. :D

·
Registered
651 Posts

Have you tried out your wheels with any larger hedgies?

My youngest, Chloe is a whopping 600g, which may not be as much as some hedgies but she's very wide and large so she sometimes has trouble with wheels. I'm currently using a custom made bucket wheel which is just wide enough but I still feel like she could use a wider, more weight-bearing one. I've tried her on a flying saucer to try solve the problem but she doesn't seem to be a fan... The problem with her current one is it seems to sag a little bit when she runs, making it not spin as well as it should so I think she gets frustrated running and gives up.

Really I need to slim her up a bit cause she's a little on the chubby - spilling out of her quills (although she still has no problem getting herself in a tight litle ball)- side (bad owner I know :( ) but it's been really hard to do when the wheel's not working for her!

just wondering how wide/strong your wheels are?

·
Registered
334 Posts

Quillbert received a wheel from Uncle Larry and he loved it so much he let Herisson borrow it last night. :mrgreen:

Herisson is 670 grams and fit very nice on it. He is more interested in his litter-box than anything at the moment, but he ran about 1.5 hours last night. His normal wheel time is about 30 minutes a night.

It's back in Quillbert's house now and he will be trying out the litter box with it tonight. Quillbert is 530 grams.

·
Registered
651 Posts

Herisson said:
Quillbert received a wheel from Uncle Larry and he loved it so much he let Herisson borrow it last night. :mrgreen:

Herisson is 670 grams and fit very nice on it. He is more interested in his litter-box than anything at the moment, but he ran about 1.5 hours last night. His normal wheel time is about 30 minutes a night.

It's back in Quillbert's house now and he will be trying out the litter box with it tonight. Quillbert is 530 grams.
That's great to hear, you don't have any problems with the plastic not being sturdy enough? (It's hard to tell from the pics!)

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The wheel has a 5 inch running surface and is very sturdy.
The plastic cake saver is made from a stronger plastic than a bucket.
Also the cake saver has a stiff plastic lip around the edge that adds strength and helps to stop warping.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

Great wheel design, Larry!
Also, your 3 new babies are adorable, too! :)
~t-dh

·
Registered
334 Posts

I have only used it one night for each hedgehog. Herisson's bucket wheel from Sunshine Quills has kept it's shape well but the other bucket wheel we have is warped. It's a different bucket type and I'm glad to see it go! The diameter of the bucket wheel vs. Larry's wheel is fairly large. Here are pictures to show the size difference. I had a very unwilling model tonight!

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts

The wheels look great Larry!
I will probably order one when everything gets straightened out and all.

My Wicca has gone through a growth spurt and is now my largest hedgie.
She runs for hours every night and is not fat but she is big. 570 g
And she is out growing her flying saucer wheel so she will be needing another.

I like the stand on yours, it's not big and in the way like some others I've seen.

·
Registered
793 Posts

Your wheel looks great, and I love the litter pan idea!
It looks like you've got an excellent product here Larry. ^_^

·
Registered
274 Posts

Great wheels Larry & ADORABLE hedgies, they're just so munchable :D

·
Registered
334 Posts

Quillbert ran like crazy last night his new wheel. He still used his corner litter box and the one under the wheel caught the ummm.... wheel crumbs. The l_l shaped base fits easily in the bathroom sink making it very easy to wash the wheel. I used a dish wand filled with Ivory soap. It was clean and dried in under two minutes.

Quillberts original green wheel has a square base that is very annoying. It is a royal pain to clean it and I have to scrub a lot. I'm happy to have it packed away now.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

drpepperheather said:
What is the width and height of the Wheel on the base?
The wheel has four height adjustments.
With the wheel attached at the highest postion
it stands 15 and 1/2 inches tall.
With the wheel attached to the lowest available postion the wheel stands 13 and 3/4 inches tall.
The width of the wheel while attached to the stand is 11 inches wide and 14 inches long.

·
Registered
124 Posts

LarryT said:
The wheel has four height adjustments. With the wheel attached at the highest postion it stands 15 and 1/2 inches tall. With the wheel attached to the lowest available postion the wheel stands 13 and 3/4 inches tall. The width of the wheel while attached to the stand is 11 inches wide and 14 inches long.
Thanks for the info!!

1 - 20 of 541 Posts