Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking at Pepper's teeth today (I hadn't until today), and I noticed that one of his front teeth is half the length of the other one! Do you think he chipped it, or could this have just occurred naturally? I know humans rarely ever have perfect teeth, so maybe it's possible he doesnt either? He eats as much as he normally does (again, I hadn't looked at his teeth until today so I don't know if this happened recently or not) and doesnt look to be in pain when he eats. I will try to get a picture, but it wont be easy!

·
Registered
273 Posts
hedgies do lose teeth, its probably, just growing back, see if its jagged, or looks like a new tooth!!!! :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm you're probably right. It's hard to see cuz he's always moving around even when im holding him, but it didn't look chipped to me. But there's not really any other explanation for it I guess. He's been doing good with eating so far so I don't think it will cause him any problems - I just would be very uncomfortable if one of my teeth was twice the length of the other! :lol:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure of the age of my hedgie, but I know he's not still a baby - he weighs at least 350g and is about the size of a softball when rolled up! But maybe you could be right. How old is Dumpling?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts