Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if taping down the wheel with packing tape is a bad idea? Would a hedgie try to eat it? I will most likely be getting one this weekend.

·
Registered
651 Posts
jme87 said:
I was wondering if taping down the wheel with packing tape is a bad idea? Would a hedgie try to eat it? I will most likely be getting one this weekend.
Why are you taping down a wheel with packing tape in the first place? What kind of wheel is it and what kind of cage are you trying to put it in?

You probably shouldn't need to do this... even shakey wheels like comfort wheels can be zip-tied to the wires of the cage. If you're trying to tape it cause the wheel isn't stable on it's own...then it's probably not a safe wheel.

I wouldn't risk it personally... I know my cat loves to eat anything smooth and shiny like tape so I wouldn't put it past a hedgie to do the same.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
What do you mean by "tape it down"? Tape the base of the wheel down? Tape the wheel to the cage somehow? Put tape on the running surface?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.