Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone -

I have been thinking about getting a hedgehog for a while now. If I do, it will be near the beginning of summer (early June-ish). I live in Texas. I've been looking around at breeders, and I found one called Tanglefoot Hedgehogs in Temple, TX. The website looked pretty clean and legitimate and left me with a really good impression of them.

Has anyone here ever had any experience with them? Are the hedgehogs that they sell legitimate, tame, and disease-free? If not or if they aren't a good breeder, could you help guide me to a good breeder?

Thanks everyone! <3

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hello, welcome!! A hedgehog can't really be tame, since they are exotic. Any hedgehog will need a very long time to get used to you. I got mine in October and she still huffs at me!! Check and see if the breeder has a pedigree for their hedgehogs that shows no signs of WHS or other diseases. Hope this helped!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I also want to get a hedgehog from them, but can't find any reviews, has anyone dealt with them before? What's the final price for their hedgies? Are they a good and trustworthy breeder?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have recently reserved a place on there waiting list, and while they responded very quickly initially, after the hoglets were born they stopped resounding so quickly. It has been a week since I emailed them, but this is a very busy time for them, because one of the mothers stopped producing milk and they are having to hand feed 3 babies. I am starting to get worried. however, because they are relatively new (they said two years) and there are no reviews. like you said.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a gander at their website. It seems to me that they know what they are doing, except in one area. I've seen so many posts on this site about staying away from food "designed" for hedgehogs. They encourage hedgehog food, so I'm a little worried about the opposing view points.

Adoption costs are $175 (cost will go up for rarer coloration), including a $50 non-refundable deposit which gets you on the waiting list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts