Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I've been stalking the forum for a while, but about a month ago I finally got my first hedgehog named Artemis. She is a silly little girl and I have thoroughly enjoyed slowly learning all of her little quirks.

I like to take her out in the evening to just sit with me while I read or work on the computer. She is still pretty huffy with me. She sleeps in her little hedgie bag I made for her, but is it best when I take her out to leave her in the bag? Or should I take her out of the bag and have her sit with me? I don't want her to get really upset everytime I take her out, but I don't think she'd come out on her own.

Thank you for any information provided!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
That's actually entirely up to you and your hedgehog. Most will be more comfortable in a bag or under a blanket. When she starts to get more comfortable with you she might come out by herself. If you're taking her out early in the evening or during the day she probably wants to sleep in her bag and so will not come out and that's fine it's still great bonding time.

Enjoy your little girl and post some pictures (because I know shetland will ask momentarily) :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts