Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that for syringe feeding, most people will use Hills A/D cat food, crushed up kibble, and sometimes baby food, but in what proportions do you mix those things together? And if the hedgie doesn't eat all of what you mix together for one feeding, can it keep in the fridge for a few hours until the next feeding? How often do you offer the food? And is there anything else you add to the mix besides those three things I listed?
I don't have to syringe feed at all right now, I just thought it'd be nice to know how to mix it all up and such just in case I have a sudden emergency where I'll need to. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is a great question...as I am syringe feeding now and I want to ensure that I don't over do it. I have fed him about every couple hours, he has taken about a 1 ml of the hills a/d, and about 5-10 ml of water...He seems to want more water, but I don't want to over do it. I also don't want to keep him from him eating his kibble. I am hoping now that he is getting something into him that he will be interested in eating his dry food.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts