Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frisk has a swollen toe. I took him to the vet. He got oral meds twice a day for 7 days and a soap to bathe his foot in. 9 days later, it's still swollen if not a bit bigger. I dont know what to do. I definitely can't afford tests done on him. It doesn't seem to be bothering him much. I'm thinking I have to go to the vet again, but I don't know how ill afford that. She said it wasn't hard and when she squeezed it white stuff came out. She said he may have pierced his toe on something. I took his wheel already
Hedgehog Hand Domesticated hedgehog Erinaceidae Rodent

Attached a pic
Hand Leg Human body Jaw Neck

·
Administrator
3,817 Posts
If white stuff came out it sounds like the diagnosis was infection. If it hasn't gotten better, I'd suggest calling the veterinarian's office to give them an update. They may decide to extend the antibiotic doses for a while longer, or prescribe something new. Or they may tell you to schedule a visit for further examination.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, for future people, it is a bone degenerative disease. Right now he won't sit on it. When it gets worse and he doesn't use the entire leg anymore, the only options are amputation or euthanasia.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts