Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. You think this is just swollen or something more, like a tumor? How much time should I give it before a vet visit? The natural "opening" is slightly right of the white dot that looks like a pimple's head.

Background info: She's eating, drinking, and pooping fine. She does have poor back leg control (likely caused by spongelosis) which causes her to drag one back leg. She is currently getting off a regimen of steroids. She has changed her sleeping habits lately (often waking in the daytime)and is a bit more "bitey" during the night.

My goal here is to figure where on the scale of a wait-it-out thing to immediate-vet-visit this ailment falls.

Edit: Or, is that bump on the female bits? Regardless, unfortunately question/concern still stands :(.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

It's still swollen. Pretty sure that such is by the vagina (not the anus). When giving her a foot bath, it has a fairly white, solid like sticky discharge from what seems like a pore (not the actual natural opening to the right of it)

Is this a pimple, bedding that got lodged "inside", prolapsed uterus or bladder, an infection, or tumour? What is it not?

Most importantly, how serious do you think this is and when do you think a vet visit is in order?

·
Administrator
3,724 Posts
I had a girl with something similar once. Was a small pocket of infection. Doc drained it, cleaned it and I think gave us meds for her. You may want to schedule a visit to have it examined to determine what it is that way if it is something bad, like a tumor, maybe you can treat it before it gets worse.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update: I took her to the vet (even as the swelling was down a couple days after). He confirmed it was an infection, was a good idea that I brought her (since the infection could get significantly worse and spread to her vagnal area, etc.), and gave her some antibiotics taken 2/day for 2 weeks. She didn't particularly like the taste but even the trace amounts she kept down was enough. (I hope this update helps someone in the future.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts