Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cassie is an eightmonth old, adorable hedgie!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Today I took cassie out to play and she was super jumpy. She was trying to get away from me the whole time. I put my hand on her back and she bit me. She would freak out if i held her in my arms/lap. She has never done this before and is usually really calm. She also is shaking and itching alot. Any answers?

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
470 Posts
How old is she? She could be quilling. If there is another change, like new hand soap, lotion, new person, laundry detergent, or animal, that could be upsetting her as well.

·
Registered
Cassie is an eightmonth old, adorable hedgie!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How old is she? She could be quilling. If there is another change, like new hand soap, lotion, new person, laundry detergent, or animal, that could be upsetting her as well.
She is eight months old. She might be quilling because I do find a few stray quills while Im cleaning her cage. It could also be laundry detergent because I think my mom switched detergent. Thank you!

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
470 Posts
Yeah, the laundry detergent sounds like that might be the problem. Just give her time to get used to it and if she does not stop over the next few weeks, maybe something else is going on. Good luck! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts