Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I've been looking at different cages online and I came across this one that someone handmade for a guinea pig. I'm currently waiting on specific dimensions but it seems large. Assuming that it has enough floor space (and I cover the ramp/ wall in the loft, of course), would this be suitable for a hedgehog?

http://www.hedgehogcentral.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
If it is wood, then it is a pain to clean. If it's sealed, still could have the same issue but then add questioning what it was sealed with.

The ramp and loft would probably need walls added.

Also it's not clear in the picture, is it fully enclosed? It looks like plexi glass or something similar in the front but not sure about the top. If the top is the same material, then you get to question ventilation.

Also without knowing its size, the question comes of where does the wheel go?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Front is plexi glass, yes. There is no lid or top on the cage but it would be easy enough for me to make one out of a suitable mesh or wire material, as well as adding walls to the ramp and loft. The floor is sealed tile.

Just got an email from the seller. The front wall (shortest wall) is 22" high, and the floor space is 42"L by 28"W

1 - 3 of 3 Posts