Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my hedgie is gaining weight too quickly. When I got her 6. January she was about 210g. I weighed her today and she is 373g(28. January). She is 11 weeks old. Is the sudden weight gain normal?
She has her wheel and everything she needs. I free feed her because I read that restricting food is not good for them.
She can still ball up and she is really active at night, but I don't know why she is gaining soooo much weight(she only gets kibble, no treats).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Forget what you read free feeding ur hedgie is a bad idea i would cut down its amount and make sure it is using its wheel

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What are you feeding it?
I'm feeding her Royal Canin - Mother and Babycat, it's what her breeder was feeding her.
Listen to Nikki she ha tons of experience and was a breeder for a while. When she is 6 months you should switch her to a lower fat food, you can look in the nutrition stickies, there is the most recent food recommendations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Listen to Nikki she ha tons of experience and was a breeder for a while. When she is 6 months you should switch her to a lower fat food, you can look in the nutrition stickies, there is the most recent food recommendations.
Thank you, i'll do what she says :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts