Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I don’t know what sound he’s making. I can tell it’s all his normal response noises, but as if he’s struggling to squeak air through. Occasionally he’ll convulse a bit and make a loud noise like this. I’m worried and not sure what this means! Please help. I’ll answer any other questions if you have any.

My hedgehog is 1 year and 2 months old. He has fleece bedding, (changed weekly, or sooner if extra messy) he uses pellets for his litter (on occasion they get dusty and I swap it out) I have an air purifier in my room.

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
573 Posts
Did he just have a bath and maybe get some water up his nose? Are you having a bad allergy season? Lots of dust in the air? All things that could be contributing. He could be sneezing as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did he just have a bath and maybe get some water up his nose? Are you having a bad allergy season? Lots of dust in the air? All things that could be contributing. He could be sneezing as well.
It is allergy season (I know because I’m also sneezing a lot, with the mid summer/ end of summer stuff happening) there shouldn’t be any dust around here, unless that’s what IM sneezing from. Either way, he’s stopped making these noises and sounds normal now. He hasn’t stopped eating or drinking and is otherwise acting normal. I love him a lot, and got really scared. I think everything is going to be alright though; I think he was just VERY very stuffy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts