Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my adopted hedgie since Feb and he's always been a lover which I know isn't common. But now I have this unusual pics of him. I've seen him sleep like this covered but as soon as I uncover him he wake's up and starts to dig at the blanket. Tonight he was like this uncovered for a good 20mins because I felt bad waking him up. I had to actually touch him to rouse him and then he just looked at me with this "what? let me sleep" look Lol.

http://img707.imageshack.us/g/003xn.jpg/

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I'm guessing he's a baby?

This is my boy sleeping in my lap when I first got him. He's 7 weeks old in this.

He'll stay sleeping like this for a good hour or so, as long as I don't move too much :lol:

And just to add, even though he's older now, my boy is a cuddler (read... Uses me as a bed every time he's out), so he's always sleeping on me, sometimes on his side like that, sometimes splatting out, sometimes curled up like a cat.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They think he was born sometime in nov-dec. I absolutely love him. I spend pretty much 5pm to midnight with him in a fleece blanket on my lap while I'm watching TV or playing on the computer. He'll snuggle his little face into my hand if I put it under the blanket with him. I've seen him sleep like that under the blanket but never after I lifted it up. At first it scared me then i saw he was still breathing so I knew he must just be in a really deep sleep. I could be wrong but I'm figuring he's just very happy and content while feeling safe with me.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
hehe ya, it's great when he's asleep like that. Oh! When your boy is sleeping like that, take advantage and trim nails! It made life sooooo much easier, as all of his little feetsies were already exposed. It's also a great time to play with his feet, rub them a bit as well, to get him used to getting his feet handled.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to try that so far its been a chore with baths and nails Lol. Something else I'm curious about. Ive tried a number of different fruits and veggies and so far the only thing he will eat is his cat food and medium mealworms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts