Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Bean is a 1 year old apricot hedgehog. I've had her for about 10 months. She is very picky.
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ideas of store bought treats?

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can check the ingredients on some brands of cat treats and see if any of them are hedgie safe. You could also look on Etsy. There's a couple of places that make hedgehog treats. (Again, check the ingredients and make sure they're actually healthy for hedgehogs.)

·
Registered
Bean is a 1 year old apricot hedgehog. I've had her for about 10 months. She is very picky.
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can check the ingredients on some brands of cat treats and see if any of them are hedgie safe. You could also look on Etsy. There's a couple of places that make hedgehog treats. (Again, check the ingredients and make sure they're actually healthy for hedgehogs.)
What ingredients are good and bad?

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,123 Posts
What ingredients are good and bad?
Same as the ingredints you look out for in their general cat food. Bad things would be like cheese things they can't eat. Good things would be having the treats high meat like their food.

A much easier way is to just plain cook some fresh meat for them and then you can use them in the toy like you want, plus far easier than trying to look at ingredients!

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
522 Posts
I got some duck treats for my old hedgehog that I think he liked, but I'm not sure. It was just duck and chicken maybe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts