Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a beauty I must say :) . Stevie "Spike" Prickens is currently 4 months old and I believe he is a pinto. Stevie likes his mixture of cat food, waxworms and apples. I read as much as I could throughout this forum in order to assure Stevie was getting proper diet, exercise and living conditions. I do have 1 small question tho. Is there a way I can get Stevie to use his wheel? He has a 11 or 12' silent whisper wheel but never uses it. He also has a hamster ball but he uses it as a bathroom facility. I also set up a playpen area and let him run in at night but once again he uses the corners as a bathroom facility and then just sits there :? Here are some pics of my precious.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
His pattern is pinto and he's adorable.
His color looks to be grey or chocolate.
Most people on this forum don't use hamster balls...they have slits in the ball that could catch a nail/toe and injure your little guy.
The silent spinner wheel is the same way,it's also been known to fall on hedgies.
You could try a giant comfort wheel they are cheap and readily available or you could buy/make a cake wheel.
Here is a few links to some wheels:
http://www.4littlepets.com/comfortwheelgiant.aspx
http://www.dormanexotics.com/store.html

PS welcome to HHC :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about getting him a bucket wheel but there would be no point if he doesn't use a wheel at all. I even tried to put a waxworm on his wheel but he just snatched it up and ran back to his igloo :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wheel is pretty secured..it's placed under his fleece liner and on top just below the wheel i have 2 reptile rocks holdin the wheel down. I tried to put him into the wheel and he walks right off. Usually when he's checking things out he'll go to the wheel...sniff it and walk away. No attempts on tryin to get on it. He'll lay under it like a dog sleeping sometimes tho :lol:

EDIT: I placed an order for the a bucket/cake wheel so I'm hopin it's just the type of wheel he's disliking and might possibly like this one better. *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shetland said:
Stevie is just gorgeous!
Thank you! When I saw him OMG! Love at first site..altho I believe he thinks differently of me for the time being but I'm willing to work with it :lol: He makes these cute chirping sounds when he's cuddled up in my hands...adorable!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts