Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1st attempt at making an Igloo cover. Hand sewn..using infant bathing towel :| . Stevie seems to enjoy it. He sniffed around and ran in dragging his blankie behind him :lol: Now he doesn't sleep under the liner and he will come out to eat instead of havin the food in his Igloo YaY

Stevie's 2nd Igloo cover. (Fabric and design layout picked out by my youngest son)

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Re: Stevie's Igloo Cover

I think you do an awesome job on the igloo cover! :) I'm glad he was so excited for it too!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the wonderful compliments :mrgreen: Think sometime this week I'm going to pick up better fabric with color give Stevie's home some edge and style :lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts

That looks awesome!
How exactly did you make it? i wanted to make one myself im just not a good sewer... but my boyfriend is! :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

To be honest I had no clue what I was doing :lol: I didn't really measure anything and I kinda just did it free-hand. I'm not sure how to explain how I did this. I'm probably going to be making another one this week. I'll take some pictures of my process if that helps. I don't want to try and explain and get anyone confused :lol:

(SIDE NOTE)
I saw on Nancy's site how she is the original creator of the Igloo covers. (I would have loved to purchased her products! Due to illness though she isn't making them. Get WELL!)
I'm curious though as to if me making my own or posting pics of makin a cover is in violation of her design? (Don't sue) :p

·
Registered
912 Posts

SteviesMommy said:
(SIDE NOTE)
I saw on Nancy's site how she is the original creator of the Igloo covers. (I would have loved to purchased her products! Due to illness though she isn't making them. Get WELL!)
I'm curious though as to if me making my own or posting pics of makin a cover is in violation of her design? (Don't sue) :p
Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you're making your own from scratch and post pictures of your process, it's okay. Kinda like how people have posted pics on how they've made their own bucket wheels... everyone has their own take on the design.

In contrast, you'd run into problems if you posted pics of hers. I'm pretty sure you'd be stepping into super-duper-bad and illegal territory if you did something like disassemble one of hers, take pics, and post with directions on how to put it back together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts