Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Steve! Shes about 2 1/2 years, she tries to act tough, but shes a lover at heart!
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, last time i posted, i was talking about my hedgehog steve, and how shes having ear tattering.
ive been putting vaseline on her ears (much to her distain), but i decided to check under a blacklight for a fungal infection, just in case.

When i checked, there were a few brightly florescent specs on her ears, which my dad said was ringworm. Im telling him to take us to our citys exotic vet to get it treated.

Also! Some of her quills glow orange! (shes not very good with pictures lol)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Lots of different things glow under black light, not just ringworm. Is there a reason to think she would have it? Has she been exposed to it? Is there any other evidence besides a few specs under a black light? Basically what I'm saying is, don't be too worried about it. I doubt it's ringworm. Still get her checked for your peace of mind. Tattered ears are just a buildup of dead skin and dirt. It's really just gunk that will fall off on it's own eventually. If you aren't having much luck with vaseline, try coconut oil or vitamin e oil.

Also, for the orange glowy quills: Neat!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts