Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
r_k_chic47 said:
LizardGirl said:
I will be very interested to see what Rose thinks of it as well- I'll post what Inky thinks, too. :)

Intheend, do you mean it's not solid, as in bendable? Yes, it's got the polyester bottom. However, when placed on a solid surface, technically it would be solid. Might I ask your opinion as to why this type of floor would be a problem? Trying to see all sides here. ;)
I know you weren't asking me for my opinion, but I'd like to post it here. If you were to carry this, with all accessories and inky in it, since the floor isn't solid, everything would fall over. Now, if you were only using this after you had set it up somewhere you were staying, and not as a travel carrier to carry around, then you wouldn't have any problems. I think that's what intheend was trying to say about the bottom not being solid, but I could be wrong.
That was exactly what was I trying to say. It's solid when it's on the floor or on something, but when you go to big pick it up there's no stability. Even for my dog, this isn't how I transport her. This is just her "den" (my dog has issues and cannot sleep in an open space, lol). Anyway, my point is that I wouldn't be comfortable using it because the water/food can spill or the wheel can tip over. But hey, that's just my opinion and if it works for you, then that is awesome and I'm glad ou found something useful!

· Registered
7 Posts
Coco- I don't think wood would be a great option unless it's covered so it doesn't splinter. I have 2 different types of cat carriers, and a travel cage from Martin Cages so I don't have to think about trying to modify the sport kennel. Out of all of them, my favorite to travel with my hedge is the F-400: http://www.martinscages.com/products/cages/ferret/
Just don't put up the ramp/shelf and it works fantastic.

edit: One other problem with the wood- I can just imagine how horrible it would smell after a hedgie urinated on it a few times!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.