Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
8,954 Posts
That's great for a portable cage. I got something similar a few years ago from Mary Maxim but it isn't very sturdy. That one looks much better. I hope our Walmart has them. :)

· Premium Member
8,954 Posts
Kalandra said:
Nancy said:
I would try these out well before the shows. Don't want any escapees at the show. :)
That's what my testing is for. I'm an overly protective momma who if there is any concern at all that it won't work out, then we go back to our old standard plan. If it does, well it will save packing 2 tubs into the car (or 4 when I have 2 hedgehogs). With a hedgehog that doesn't dig, I don't have any concerns yet. We tried a little time in it last night and Rose was pretty disinterested in the adventure. She looked around, found her mealies, her wheel and promptly climbed under her sleeping blanket to nap. With Rose's personality this was as I expected. I took her out after 15 minutes. We will continue our testing until I'm certain she is going to be safe. Else we pack tubs to Milwaukee.

LG, has your little one spent time over night in it yet? Wondering how he reacted.

One funny thing about mine... it has seat belt loops. I can't imagine putting a dog in this thing.
You could always keep her in the bathtub in the motel so even if there is an escape, she couldn't go far. A blanket in the bottom of the tub and taking a small space heater to use would ensure not only is she safe but warm.

I'm envious. I wish I could go to Milwaukee! I'm hoping for Sholarie (sp?) but not sure if the time frame is going to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.