Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting on here constantly because, not going to lie, I'm freaking out every moment that my hedgehog is munching on her hoglets or they are being hurt. I get the only thing/best thing that I can do is leave them be with the mommy and hope for the best but I'm so worried!

I'm assuming it's a positive indicator that my hedgehog is staying in the nest with the babies (that I can't see when I change the food, I think the babies stay under her or hidden in the nest)

She also starts to huff when I am in the room (again, only go in now to assure food and water is full)

Are these good signs? They seem maternal. I heard some squeaking this morning so I know the hoglets are not being eaten alive at least. :confused:

Any answers to get me through the next two weeks are so appreciated.

Attached is a picture of Shaymin's would-be maternity shoot if I knew she was pregnant at the time. :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes these are all normal signs and it sounds like she's being a good mom.
Ty for the response. I'm not seeing any negative signs at all, she leaves her igloo to get food/drink and then goes back in. When I check the food and water each day she's typically in the igloo with the hoglets, I hear occasional squeaking but not too much. Sounds like she is being a great mommy. All going smooth thus far it seems. :grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts