Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm new here and i am preparing to get my first hedgehog ever soon! they will be born in about 2 weeks and i will pick him/her up soon after. i was wondering what the best type of cage was, i like the tupperware setups with the one for food and bed and the other for play and litter box. is that the best or would a "2 story" setup work?

i loved all of these cages... http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 4236489491

which is the best for the hedgie? which is the best for me? should i only put "bedding (recycled news paper from Fresh World Bedding)" down where i want it to play or just in the litter box?

any other pictures, ideas, or thoughts???

Thanks!!! :D

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
HedgieMate's setup is very nice. :) Remember some hedgehogs will use a loft, some won't. IMO a single leveled cage is ideal. The best bedding IMO is fleece liners. If you do a search, you can find tons of info on them. :)

PS, if you hedgie is being born in 2 weeks, that doesn't guarantee anything. The babies may not make it. If they do, you are looking at about 10 weeks from now, to when you could pick him/her up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts