Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love new ideas and fun toys, but don't find a lot of them. I am mostly concerned with the safety and am slightly overprotective ;) So, what's your thoughts?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...3uL8tjG0LzNmgMhNZr5watgA&ust=1360803848703376
I know this Is awesome! I also know "as is" it isn't suitable for a hedgie. If you modified it though.. it would be awesome!

http://www.marshallpet.com/uploads/products/full/0184_pop_n_play.png
This looks fun! What are your thoughts on safety?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...J6CPepvvJ7MMNM9IIHu-Fdjg&ust=1360805458414545
This looks fun for Thimble to push around and safe... :)

These are a few I liked (not necessarily getting...) Anyone else have some amazing toy ideas? ahah

· Registered
695 Posts
I wasn't able to open two of those links as I'm viewing from my phone but I'm also always looking for new and fun things for Henry. Just yesterday my boyfriend and I stopped at a Lowes and picked up a few 4inch sections (small elbow piece, straight tube and a T shaped piece) of PVC pipe. Henry has not been excited about many of the things we've tried but boy he LOVED crawling through and around those last night. I left the elbow shaped one in his cage overnight and it was just as dirty as his wheel so I imagine he was having a field day running around! The other thing he sometimes likes is a little toy truck...he will just sit in it or eat treats out of it if I place them in there for him to find...really cute![attachment=0:1za7lzbr]image.jpg[/attachment:1za7lzbr]

Attachments

· Registered
585 Posts
sklock65 - where did you get the dumptruck? I've been looking all over for a plastic one just like that. :?:

Hedgehogluvr386 -
The first one was a "wooden castle" toy. I'm not sure about them climbing all over it and being safe. But that is only my opinion. They aren't very good climbers without falling. Maybe under close supervision.
The second one was a ferret hide away playpen. I was thinking of getting my hedgie one of these too. I thing the plastic balls or "easter eggs" would be fun - maybe add some strips of fleece too.
The third one was a bird toy. This is made out of a rubber material. I don't know about this one because its used for chewing. Hedgies don't really chew like rodents and parrots. Its not designed for rolling either. It may end up just sitting there - but you could try.

· Registered
66 Posts
My first hedgie Jeane -Claude really loved ping pong balls! he would push them around with his nose and chase them! He also liked pushing toy cars around. I sometimes used to buy the Habbitrail OVO cardboard cage models designed for hamsters - he liked exploring them in his play pen. HE would also search for food in a maze made from lego or wooden blocks! \

I had a play pen and used to vary what was in it every day and have Jeane in it for an hour or so - he LOVED it.

He also loved digging through marbles in a small cardboard box!

My new hedgie is Marjorie and she is still tiny and quite shy...I am slowly going to introduce things to her :)

· Registered
66 Posts
OOH and I also had one of those treat ball 'plastic eggs' that dreamies and whiskers gave away a few years back - egg shaped with holes in them, could be knocked with hedgie noise to find treats! used to put a small amount of his daily food in it and he LOVED getting it out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.