Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make a C&C cage for Lily, and read some posts about people using the solid, frosted-plastic cubes for cages. If you use those ones, do you need to use coroplast at all, or can you just use the cubes, with wire ones for a top?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
All you need is the cubes as they can't climb them. You really wouldn't even need a top except for where the wheel is in case she can climb the wheel or if you have other pets.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'd need something for the top. Lily has never shown an interest in escaping or climbing, but I have a cat who thinks that all open box-like objects must be jumped in. :roll: I might be able to just use the top part of the cage I have now, though, and ziptie it to the cubes, so I don't have to buy another set of cubes.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Wire closet shelving makes a much better lid than the cubes. It's more solid and cats can't get paws through it as easily. You can usually get it cut where you buy it. :)

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, cool. Thanks! :) She's never shown much of an interest in Lily before now, but she also hasn't been allowed into the room for the last five or six months, since I've kept my door closed to keep the room warm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts