Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went into a petstore today to see if I could find something Coraline would like, there were hedgehogs there, three. They had just arrived that day and were only 3 weeks old. The poor little things looked ill, I felt so bad for them. I wish I could save them all. All they had was a plastic igloo and food and water, the petshop owner even said they didn't like wheels. :(

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
You could try printing out a care sheet and taking it in for the employees. I found a store near me that had a small male hedgehog and that's what I did. I printed two copies, one for the store, and one for whoever bought the hedgehog. I also wrote down the websites for this site and the hedgehog wiki on both sheets, in case someone wanted to do more research, especially whoever buys him.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
At 3 weeks old they will not survive without hand feeding and special care. Contact your local USDA office and the humane society about this.

Hedgehogs for the short time they are in pet stores do not need wheels. Wheels will only make them get poopy feet and dirty which means they will require a bath and if they are given a bath and not kept warm enough the consequences are far worse than not having a wheel for a few days, weeks, or months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.